- We had a big transition this week. Joseph has made the move to a big boy bed! Well, kind of. His crib converted into a toddler/trundle bed. (Just one of the sides had to be changed.) For the first year of his life, my little boy slept in a regular bed snuggled up against someone, so the transition to the crib never really clicked. A lot of well-meaning parents have been quick to advise against a toddler sleeping in our bed, but in this situation, a lot of it has had to do with post-adoption attachment and adjustment. Our parenting philosophy is parent to each individual child, and if right now, our son only feels safe at night snuggled next to mommy and daddy, that’s okay. We’re working on a transition that works for him, and the big boy bed is a small step in the right direction. Yahoo! Also, it is super adorable when his sneakily shuffles out of his toddler bed and we see a little ‘fro and big eyes standing in the hallway, thinking we can’t see him. And it is one of the best feelings in the world to wake up snuggled next to him.
- Our basement is clean. Chances are, if you’ve been to our house, you’ve never stepped foot in our basement. It was borderline hoarder-ific. How we accumulated so much stuff is really kind of a mystery. My wonderful husband2 spent his Saturday making a “give away” and “garbage” pile, and then took the truckload of stuff to their respective places. Simplify, simplify, simplify.
- I can mark 2 things of my 25 by 25 list! I hardcore cleaned my closet. It was an all-day project, but it looks so much better (and bigger!). On a serious note, going through the clothes I’ve accumulated was a humbling reminder of how much I undeservingly have. And on a funny note, Jonny made me try on a dress I wore to my sophomore homecoming dance. It still fit! BIG WIN. The other thing I get to cross of my list was seeing Shane Claiborne talk about living as an ordinary radical. It was awesome. Also, Joseph got to meet him and shake his hand, so that was a BIG WIN, too.
- My husband is a plumbing genius. Upon cleaning the basement, Jonny realized that we were having potentially gross + very expensive plumbing problems — but he is a smarty pants and fixed it all! He is such a manly man!
- I’ve tried a few new recipes lately, found via Pinterest. Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Chicken (Thanks for the suggestion, Natalie! Simple mix of sweet + savory, and tasty leftovers, too! I used a different BBQ sauce. The house smelled a-mazing.) and Cookie Dough Dip (Super easy + sweet, almost too sweet, if there’s such a thing! I omitted the toffee bits and used light cream cheese, but used real butter and real vanilla, which is rare for me! Spread on graham crackers — it tastes like real cookie dough, and a little goes a long way.). Both were pretty tasty.
- It has been hard not to scroll though Twitter updates on my phone. I kind of feel like I’m missing out on the world, but it’s refreshing, too. I’ve definitely felt like I have more time to do other things when I can’t just play around on Twitter and Facebook apps. However, I’ve been spending a lot more time on Pinterest, which is not the goal. The good thing about scrolling through Pinterest is I’ve found some good recipes (excuses, excuses), but I definitely need to limit my time. I’ve had some okay lenten reflection time, but it’s still difficult for me to separate special time to spend time in prayer or reflection. Working on it.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- manysparrows posted this