Through some Instagram stalking, I recently found myself at Oh So Lovely Vintage. I am now officially obsessed, and if I lived in Canada, I’d go into their shop every day until we became besties. Is that creepy?
The blog/shop/mobile vintage shop in a renovated 1956 camper trailer is exactly what I would dream + design if I were talented enough to do so. It’s ran by two ladies who are just a year older than me (youngsters, unite!), and they really have an eye for pretty things. I wish they’d come decorate my casa!
Lately we’ve hit a bout of bad bumps, and the site has offered me a blissful break from the bummers that life seems to be bouncing my way lately.
The sunnyside up is that I now feel inspired to craft a post about a few of my favorite things, vintage edition. I don’t want to get you too excited, but it does feature everything from an orange estate sale chair to vintage Scandinavian-ispired pyrex I scored at an auction.
Anywhoozle, the site really covers lots of my likes, and you should check it out and then go thrifting with me.
Also, I’m wearing polkadot shorts today. And my fringe looks like this:
So I’m chalking this day up to a win.
A gazillion Google searches on my quest to find the perfect bangs have drummed up a few ideas.
The star of my bang inspiration board is Zooey. (Shocker.) I think the thickness of her fringe would work well for me (i.e weigh down the cowlick). Right now, my hair color is closer to JLo’s, but her bangs are a little wispy for my taste. I also want face-framing pieces + then longer layers — making it cute to throw up (2, 5, 8). My favorite look is 1, because I’m not a huge fan of bangs being piecey (though I know that’s kind of inevitable.)
Okay, so what do you think? Seriously…I want to know. Please tell me.
I’ve had sweepy side bangs for a year. And now, ladies and gents, I’m ready to go all in (and finally forget the thick, cowlicky mess I rocked in 1997). The last time I had bangs, I heavily relied on butterfly clips, so I’m going to need some help in the hair department. Justine utilizes the blogosphere to combat hair woes + has inpsired me to do the same, especially when it comes to achieving the thick, straight-across fringe I’m
stressing about dreaming of. But before I post on stresses about my future tresses (see what I did there?), here’s a glimpse into my year of half-bangs. What do you think? Does any of this give any clues as to how to procure the perfect cut for summer 2012? Help?!
- When: February 2011. Where: Spoken fundraiser show. Color: Dark Auburn. Bangs: Short, thin fringe. They always got piecey in a weird spot — see photo.
- When: April 2011. Where: My baby shower. Color: Dark Auburn — lightened from the sun. Bangs: Thicker and fuller, fairly styled.
- When: June 2011. Where: Ashley’s wedding. Color: Lighter Auburn. Bangs: Very thick, blown out + styled.
- When: August 2011. Where: Lagos, Nigeria. Color: Light brown with thin ombre highlights (Hard to tell in the pic.) I loved them. Go to Amber and have them done. Now. Bangs: Growing out, parted to include layers for a look of thicker bangs.
- When: September 2011. Where: Family pics. Color: Light brown with thin ombre highlights. Bangs: Side-sweep, trimmed + styled.
- When: October 2011. Color: Ombre highlights growing out, looking more golden. Hair lighter from sun.
- When: November 2011. Color: Looking even more golden, longer, roots darker.
- When: December 2011. Where: Natalie’s wedding. Color: Highlights getting to the point that bangs are barely colored. Parted far to the side for a sweeping look to accompany a twisted up-do.
- When: Today! Color: I recently did an at-home cool, medium brown color to get rid of the brass. Bangs are growing out.