Through some Instagram stalking, I recently found myself at Oh So Lovely Vintage. I am now officially obsessed, and if I lived in Canada, I’d go into their shop every day until we became besties. Is that creepy?
The blog/shop/mobile vintage shop in a renovated 1956 camper trailer is exactly what I would dream + design if I were talented enough to do so. It’s ran by two ladies who are just a year older than me (youngsters, unite!), and they really have an eye for pretty things. I wish they’d come decorate my casa!
Lately we’ve hit a bout of bad bumps, and the site has offered me a blissful break from the bummers that life seems to be bouncing my way lately.
The sunnyside up is that I now feel inspired to craft a post about a few of my favorite things, vintage edition. I don’t want to get you too excited, but it does feature everything from an orange estate sale chair to vintage Scandinavian-ispired pyrex I scored at an auction.
Anywhoozle, the site really covers lots of my likes, and you should check it out and then go thrifting with me.
Also, I’m wearing polkadot shorts today. And my fringe looks like this:
So I’m chalking this day up to a win.
I appreciate a good deal, and I sure do have some exciting baby bargains to share. Annnd I just lost any male followers. Oh, well. Carry on.
1. Graco Classic Wood High Chair.
Amazon: $139.99 \ Craigslist: $50
Why I love it: I really like wooden high chairs. The price tag? Not so much. This one is perfect and matches our dining room. No stains, in great condition.
2. Graco Little Hoot Stroller.
Amazon: $179.99 | Garage sale: $50
Why I love it: Did you see that pattern?! We didn’t need the car seat, so I just nabbed the stroller — in perfect condition. I am told by my mommy friends that strollers with cup holders are golden, and this guy has two — and one for the kid! Boom.
3. JJ Cole System Bag - Cocoa Ovals
Amazon: $69.90 | Garage sale: $5
Why I love it: This bag is in super great condition, and there are pockets galore! It also comes with a matching pad for on-the-go diaper changes. I like the sling style and it’s adjustable, so Jonny can wear it, too. We’ll be taking this one when we go back to Africa.
We welcomed spring yesterday by scouring an estate tag sale for vintage finds. Lucky for us, we slept in + arrived late, so by the time we arrived, everything was marked down to half off!
I am jazzed about our deals! The total? $5.25.
- The adorable little 12 cent ceramic owl will be residing in Joseph’s room.
- So will the awesome vintage alarm clock radio, which still works great, mind you! Check out that retro plug in. We probably won’t use it often, though. I’m paranoid! I can’t believe it was only $2.50. I found a similar one on eBay selling for $40, but couldn’t find a year. Any guesses?
- I’ve recently developed an affinity for milk glass. (Thanks to my friend Ashley!) I couldn’t believe the price on these pretty vases. Two for $1.50? I felt like I was stealing! I saw these daffodils by the check-out counter at the grocery store, and somehow convinced my husband that they were necessary. Confession: The bright buds were pricier than the vases!
- How cute is that $1 dessert stand? The white with black specks reminds me of cookies + cream. :) It’s in perfect condition! Can’t wait to make some cake balls or cupcakes to go on it.
- I’m not sure if the pretty candle holder is technically depression glass, but I like it. It’s hanging out in our bathroom, and for 12 cents I feel like it was a pretty good purchase. I’d like to find other green votives + holders in different sizes and group them together.